Friday, October 4, 2013

Sewing

I really enjoy making things. It's always been a part of my life. Sewing is something I love to do! Machine or hand. Making my kids costumes and customizing or altering their clothes is nice to do, but fun for me as well.  I only have a basic singer machine, a vintage singer (husband bought it at auction for me) and a basic bernina serger. But, I get great use out of them and make many fun and pretty things!

I'm currently making a pretty girl quilt for Mika and a boy quilt for Daichi. Just simple squares, nothing fancy. Simple and very country-style, but also with modern touches here and there. And I want them to have something from me that is special and they can keep and have memories with.  I think I will also make a quilted cushion for Emi. She really likes lying on big pillows, so I think she'll really love a big, puffy cushion made from her baby clothes. I want her to have something special, too.

Felt is a material that I like to use also. I like making play toys for the kids. I made them plant vs zombie characters which was really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment